From now on, I've decided to post everything on my other blog. I think it will be better to have everything in my website so I can focus just in one place to have it updated and beautifully done! Click on the image above to go to my new site! --->> www.taniaestevez.com

Where do I find inspiration?


I am always looking for new inspiration. I seek it from all kinds of sources and I think the inspiration can appear from anything, you just have to look at it.
That reminds me of a Henry David Thoreau's quote:

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. "

So I try to always keep my eyes open absorbing all I can to apply it later on my work.
I watch films, I read, I observe people and places that surround me. Colours, shapes and concepts... they are all there.

Nature is always my strongest source of inspiration.  From open spaces to little plants I feel strongly linked with nature in a way that allows me to express a lot of kinds of emotions. It appears in many of my artworks in a different ways but it always has a powerful meaning. Living in London has magnified that feeling that I already had. Even there are lots of buildings (of course London is not like living in the countryside) you have the sense of being close to the nature. I don't know if this happens to everyone or if I see and feel things in a different way now.

Anyway it inspires me as well :)

And of course I look for inspiration in other artists, painters, illustrators and designers. It is important to know what is going on, what other artists are doing and not only the artists that work with similar techniques as you or do the same kinds of work. It is important to know what other creatives are developing at the same time.

For example I love the work of David Scholes and Mark Demsteader. You can see both below.


A powerful source of inspiration for me is always photography. I usually check the work of photographers like Erwin Olaf or Flora Borsi.


And as an interior designer I also have into account what is going on with home stylists, designers and architects.

I think everything is important and how many more sources of information do you have more rich and varied will be your inspiration. And I believe it shows in your final works.

I hope you like this post and you find it useful! I would love to know what inspires you and where you search for inspiration! Let me know in the comments below!






Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.